Why should you be careful when choosing your third party logistics partner?
Choosing your third party logistics partner is one of the most important things you need to do once you start your business. Having a great product simply is not enough. You need to be able to distribute your product to the customers as fast as possible. Delivery time is really important when it comes to the impression that the customers will have of you. If you send out your product and the customer wait for it to be delivered for a much longer time than they expected, they will think less of you than they would if the product was delivered in the expected time frame. And that is up to your third party delivery partner. So choose wisely in you want to have great reviews.
What are the questions you should ask your third-party logistics partner?
Making sure that you choose the right third-party logistics partners, is of the highest importance so you have to make sure you choose wisely. When it comes to choosing your partner, you should ask just the right questions. This way, you can be sure you choose just the right ones. The most important questions you should ask are:
- Can they deliver the kind of product you are selling, like bulky, large or fragile? If you have a product that requires Cold Chain services, can they do that for you?
- Will they be able to provide you with the delivery service if your business grows?
- Is there a minimum order volume per month?
- How many customers can receive the package within a two day period
- Is same day order processing something they can deliver?
- Shrinkage allowance is something you have to look at! What is thair shrinkage allowance?
- What is are their performance and accuracy guarantees they are offering?
- Make sure you are fine with the refund policy?
- Customer service is important to you? What are the customer service inquiries and can you track the packages in real-time?
- Can they work if there is a power shortage? This is a really important question you should ask your third-party logistics partner.
- What is the security like?
- Can they handle international shipping if that is necessary?
- Are there additional fees you should know about?
- What kind of contract is required?
Can they deliver your product?
Getting a third-party logistics partner that can’t deliver your products or some of your products is not a good thing for your business. Make sure they can deliver all kinds of shapes and sizes. If you need to ship large or heavy or bulky or fragile items, they need to be able to deliver them. Bahrain shipping should be able to help you out even with large, heavy packages.