It’s not a mystery that the process of moving to a new home involves plenty of heavy lifting all around. However, usually, it’s those specific strenuous and physically moving jobs that leave no other alternatives for home movers but to hire experienced packing companies in Bahrain to do the steps required to be relocated in a quick and, more importantly, safe manner. Heavy and large household appliances are never an easy feat when it comes to moving them to a new residence. Wouldn’t you be also interested in knowing how to approach relocating household appliances easily and safely? Then read our practical tips for moving household appliances to a new home without injuring yourself or inflicting costly property damage.
Should you even relocate your major appliances?
Before you worry about the methods of packing and relocating household appliances, you must decide whether it’s a good idea to even hire the best cargo service in Bahrain to take them in the first place. There are several points to consider before you make up your mind on this. Make your choice whether to move your big appliances with you or leave them behind by reading our tips.
Vote YES! To relocating your household appliances if:
- They are brand new or have been recently purchased;
- You’re used to their practicality and functionality, and want to keep using their extended features;
- Your new home does not come with already installed household appliances that fit it better;
- The purchase agreement of your current home does not require you to leave some or even all major appliances behind.
Vote NO! to relocating household appliances if:
- Your major home appliances are old, outdated or have technical issues. Therefore they will not be worth the relocations costs they will inevitably incur;
- The new home is furnished with newer and better-looking appliances;
- Your new kitchen has different layouts and designs which won’t allow your current appliances to fit there easily.
- Once you have reached the informed decision about relocating household appliances or leaving them behind, it’s time to get down to the actual moving job.
What to do before hauling your cumbersome appliances to a new home
The strenuous job of relocating domestic appliances consists of 2 separate preparation tasks. Note that you should complete these tasks in advance so that no physical injuries, damage to your appliances or harm to your home happen during your relocation.
Proper equipment for safe moving
Some pieces of moving equipment you can definitely do without, while others cannot be successfully replaced. Either way, you shouldn’t start moving household appliances without procuring these moving tools first.
- Appliance dolly: this is a must. You can purchase a high-quality dolly from specialized home improvement stores, or rent one from us. We are professionals when it comes to moving heavy equipment
- Furniture blankets: They are also universally known as moving blankets. These protective assistants will provide exactly the type of protection you need for your valuable home appliances. Contact your local movers to obtain such blankets.
- Furniture straps: you will need them to secure your appliances to the dolly. But also inside the moving vehicle.
- Sliders: also known as gliders, these sliding pads offer the best way to move furniture on wood floors, avoiding any damage. Rent or purchase sliders from your local moving company in order to relocate household appliances safely.
How to move major appliances step by step
Finally, it’s time to point out some specific steps for moving home appliances to a new home:
1. Refrigerator / Freezer
- Disconnect your fridge from the power supply 24 hours prior to moving day.
- Empty its contents and pack your food supplies separately. It’s best if you can use up almost all your food before this very moment.
- Take out all removable fridge parts and pack them separately wrapping them in protective cloths.
- Clean your fridge thoroughly and let it dry out.
- Wrap your fridge with moving blankets and secure them in place with moving straps or rope.
- Load it on the moving dolly and secure it extremely well to the wheeled helper.
- Keep your refrigerator in an upright position. Avoid tipping it or laying it on its sides. That can cause the compressor oil to leak into the cooling mechanism and even possibly damage your appliance.
- When you move in, leave your fridge unplugged for at least 3 hours before you power it. That way the oil will have had the chance to stabilize inside the cooling mechanism.
2. Washing machine / Dryer / Dishwasher
- Unplug this appliance from the power. Now disconnect and drain all hoses after you have turned off the water supply. Make sure there is no water inside the washing machine.
- Clean the interior of your household appliance and wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Clean out the machine’s filter if needed.
- Cover your appliance with thick moving blankets and tape them in place to protect your appliance and home at the same time.
- Secure your wrapped machine on the dolly and be extra careful when taking it out of your house.
3. Relocating household appliances: Stove edition
- Gas appliances can be really dangerous, so you should always have a qualified professional technician come over and disconnect and cap off the gas line of your gas stove.
- Remove all detachable parts before moving your large kitchen appliance. Pack them separately.
- If your stove has a glass section, tape a large sheet of bubble wrap over it.
- Wrap the entire stove with protective blankets before loading it onto the moving dolly.
- Once you have your stove in your new home, consider hiring a professional to reconnect it to the gas supply.
- All in all, the easiest way to relocate household appliances is to hire professionals who have experience in moving household machines of all types. Contact us and leave all your worries behind!
- But if you think you can handle this challenge on your own, be sure to read the user manuals of your household appliances before you get down to work.