Did you know that there are different types of contracts with shippers? Did you also know that depending on the contract, you will get different services? With most shippers, a custom contract can be made, you can negotiate the deals and terms of service. However, most shipping companies follow a regulated set of contracts and both parties will always know what to expect. We are here today to see exactly which types of contract with shippers exist and how it works. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy our guide as much as we enjoyed writing it! So, without any further ado, let us dive straight in!
Types of contracts with shippers – basic information
Most moving companies, shippers and people who will do relocation for you have contracts and terms of service. So, while it is possible to negotiate with logistics companies, you should expect a written contract all the time. Here is how it looks:
- You will get a certain type of contract. Depending on your needs, you can get different types of contracts. Thus, you need to know what you expect from your moving company. It is easy to get the best cargo service in Bahrain if you communicate well. So, talk to your movers about your needs and expectations and they will provide you with a list of contacts you can choose from. Well, this is true in most cases, in some, they might even offer you a custom contract or change an existing one. It all depends on what you agree with them, to be honest.
- Know exactly what you need. We will talk more about the types of contracts later on. However, you really need to know what you want from your shippers and what you expect them to do. It all depends on the items you are shipping, how many of them, when, where and if there are some special conditions they should meet. In the end, your moving company will probably know at least as much as you if not more when your moving contract is concerned. Listen to their advice and you should be fine. Furthermore, they are moving experts and professionals. They can take good care of your cargo!
Choose something from the list of contracts
There are many contracts you can choose from. For example, there are:
- CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight). With this type of contract, the seller delivers goods that are safely packed on board and when everything is done. After the delivery, the goods are in the possession and care of the buyer. This is the most common type of contract.
- DAT (Delivered at Terminal). This type of contract binds the moving company to deliver and unload the goods at the destination terminal. Then, the buyer is supposed to pick them for their next destination. In most cases, the buyer needs to be there in person.
- FCA (Free Carrier). This contract binds the moving company to deliver the cargo/goods/inventory items to a person/company that the buyer designated. Then, it is expected from that person/company to deliver the goods elsewhere. This is also one of the most common contracts you can get.
- DDP (Delivery Duty Paid). This is an interesting contrast. It binds the moving company to do all the work and the work will not be complete until all of the items are at their desired destination. Thus, the mover has a lot of things to worry about, like insurance and safety.
Types of contracts with shippers – important information
No matter which type of contract you choose, you will always be satisfied with the result. Most moving companies are experts and professionals when things like this one are concerned. Thus, your move will be safe in their hands! This is especially true if you hire sea cargo Bahrain services in the area. Moving companies in Bahrain are skilled in any type of cargo transport, however, they are really proficient in sea cargo transport. If you are living “across the pond”, you might consider this method of transport for your goods. Check the contracts with your moving company beforehand, however.
It is time to think about moving preparation for your cargo. You are expected to know a lot about it and you are also expected (in most cases) to take preparation measures before you move. So, you cannot simply go to Amazon and get packing and moving supplies. On the contrary – you will need the best professional moving and packing supplies if you want to make this work. In most cases, you will be transporting large quantities of items. Thus, storage and storage boxes are a good idea. They can take quite a bit of space, however, so try to make everything work.
Some additional information you should know
Choosing a good freight or moving company is the key to success when this is concerned. Most moving companies are professionals and they will take care of your goods for you. However, some of them might try to either scam you or not fulfill what they promised. Thus, there are some ways to identify good freight forwarders. We highly recommend learning more about that before you hire anyone to do the freight for you. It will not take a lot of your time, but you will be satisfied in the end!
In any case, we are certain that you will do a really good job when this is concerned. The main idea is to know a lot about how contracts work and to get the best deal possible. Moreover, it is also important to understand what your moving company will do and what not.
Types of contracts with shippers – conclusion
When it comes to types of contracts with shippers, you need to know that there are a lot of them. Try to think about which ones you might need and discard the others. Then, call a moving company and check with them about your needs. We are certain you will make it without a problem! In any case, we wish you good luck!