International moving is not as easy as other types of “regular” moving like long-distance moving or local moving. There are some other things to it and it cannot be done fast, nor it can be done without a bit of trouble. Fortunately for you, we know everything about international moving! Thus, we have prepared a short guide about international moving rights to help you out. All you need to do is to read it thoroughly and to check for more information if it is available to you. That way your international move will be without stress and problems! Let’s begin!
Key things to know about international moving rights
There are some key things you should know about your international moving rights. So, we have prepared a shortlist to teach you some of them!
- Sender – Receiver. This rule is really simple – the person sending the items at origin is expected to pick them up at their destination. There is no other way about this one. If you want to send your inventory items across the sea to another country, for example, you need to be there when it arrives to pick it up. This might be a problem for first-time senders, but it is not as difficult as it seems. The cargo will arrive a few days after you send it most likely, so you have enough time to travel there and pick it up!
- Rules and regulations. Check with some relocation companies in Bahrain, for example, and they will tell you the same things we do here. You will need to provide proof that the items you should receive are yours and that it was you who sent them. This is easily obtainable, so do not worry about it. Although, if you forget to bring your proof, you will not be able to pick up your items, so be careful about that!
- Hire a moving company to help you out. You should hire a moving company to help you out once your items are transported. Why? Because you will need them the most at your new destination. International moving is not easy. If you are shipping from USA to Bahrain, for example, you will need help when you get there. Chances are you won’t know many people who can do this for you, but that is why moving companies exist! Use everything you can.
International moving is every type of moving to another country (in most cases even on another continent). You need to mentally prepare for this task because stress can get the better of you. Moreover, you might even need to prepare children for moving, which might be an even harder task. Focus on one thing at a time and you will be more than safe. Make a good checklist and keep track of everything. Treat this as if it was just a regular move. Do not stress out and you will manage to do it! Always think positive!
You also need to make good preparation for your move. The easiest and best thing to do is to check for packing supplies on Amazon or wherever else you might think it will be worth it. Focus on the safety of your items – international transport is long and your inventory needs to arrive in one piece! So, instead of worrying about other stuff, worry about your inventory. No point in stressing out about picking it up if it will get damaged during transport anyways, right? One step at the time and you will be fine!
What else to know about international moving rights?
There are some other things you should know about international moving rights you have. So, for example:
- Current residence. You will need to prove that you have moved to and that are currently living in the country you want to send your inventory to. In other words, you need to have government-issued identification and confirmation that you have legally moved there and that you are currently living there. You will need nothing else except your presence, of course. Keep this in mind – do not waste your time by not bringing your proof. Days might pass before you are able to pick up your things and that might be really bad.
- Freight forwarders. You should get great freights forwarders for your upcoming move. People who will keep track of your transport and your belongings are called freight forwarders. They are also the ones who organize everything concerning the move itself, so make sure you get the best ones around. Getting the best import-export company will prove worth it in the end, trust us!
- Shipping rights. You have the rights to ship anything to a foreign country that is not on the list of banned items for shipping. So, this depends on the country and we highly recommend that you check for this before you decide to send anything. You certainly do not want to cause complications with your move just because you did not read it thoroughly! keep this in mind and you will have no problems whatsoever.
More things to keep in mind
Before you start packing your home for relocation, you should check everything that is available to you on the Internet and official websites of the city/country you wish to relocate to. The international move might take a bit more time than usual, but that is how it must be. You should prepare in advance a few months before you move as well. Moreover, you should also get informed as much as possible about anything that might pose a potential problem. Remember, it is always better to prevent something than to deal with it when it happens.
We sincerely hope that you found this short guide useful. If you need more information, feel free to contact your moving company about anything that poked your interest while you were reading this. In any case, we are certain that you will do just fine and that you will complete your international move without a problem. Good luck!