Art comes in many ways and forms and artwork can help your living space to have a soul. You can use them to decorate your living space or for inspiration to decorate according to your art pieces. If you are planning on changing artworks in your apartment, or you are planning the relocation you will need the perfect storage for them. Storage is an important part of every move. We have prepared just for your guide on how to prepare artwork for storage. Artworks can be hard to store, but if you follow our instructions you will have them stored in no time.
Best ways to prepare artwork for storage – a guide for choosing the perfect storage unit.
If you are planning to store something you need to choose the right storage unit for that purpose. Artworks are valuable things in your apartment and you need to store them in a certain way. You do not want to take them ruined form your storage facilities. First of all, find perfect storage units for your artworks. If you are wondering how to choose the right storage these tips can help you:
- Find the perfect size storage unit. You do not have to get a big storage unit for a few small paintings and art pieces. If you are not sure what you need you should definitely do your research on storage size and companies who sell or rent storage units. They can help you choose the right one for your needs. Besides, you will need really good storage options if you wish to make sure that your art is safe. The better the storage, the better your art will look like after you take it out.
- Choose a temperature-controlled storage unit. Some of the artworks need to be in a controlled environment. The easiest way to do that is to find a temperature-controlled storage facility Bahrain has to offer. This step is important because you want to be able to store fine art and after some time to be able to use them again without getting them ruined with the mold on them or them being moist.
Also, remember to
- Find the perfect movers for your fine art. You can move your fine art to store by yourself but we recommend that you hire the professionals. You can always find the company and fine art moving in Bahrain should not be that big of an issue. Remember, you can always rely on a really good moving company to help you out with this one.
How to pack your art successfully
There are some things you can do to make sure that you pack your art successfully. You will need good moving supplies and safe transportation from your home to a storage unit. If you are planning to do the packing part by yourself here are some things to keep in mind:
- Find good moving supplies. Packing for storage is almost like every other packing. You need to find perfect boxes to put your belongings in. If you are wondering where you can find affordable moving boxes we can give you some ideas. If you have friends or family members who move in a recent time period you can ask them if they still have old moving boxes.
- Bubble wrap is a must-have. We are sure that you know how to pack your suitcase and boxes for the move, but preparing your artworks for storage is more complex than you think. We advise you to get as much bubble wrap as you can. In this process, it will be your best friend. It is not that expensive, you can find it in online stores, but it will protect your artwork.
- Clean your artworks before you store them. It is important that you have your artwork cleaned before you store it. You want them to be clean and in perfect condition, and then you can protect them and prepare for storage. By doing that you can take your paintings out of the storage unit unpack them and put them on the wall. Also, keep in mind that your storage unit needs to be clean and in perfect condition.
Clean up the storage unit
You can always rent or buy a storage unit. If you are renting storage unit maybe previous owners left some of their stuff behind, you should contact them to let them know they forgot them. Keep in mind that no matter what you do you will need to clean it. You want your art to be in a mold-free environment. Also, you should hire professionals to get rid of misses or cockroaches if you have them in the storage unit. Moreover, your fine art deserves to be in a perfect condition storage unit. Thus, we advise you to contact the cleaning company and make sure that your storage is clean before you put your art in it. If you skip this step then no matter how hard you try to protect your artwork it can get ruined in a couple of months.
How to transport your artwork
When you finish all of the preparations, you have a clean storage unit all you need is to transport your artworks to storage. You can do it by yourself but we would advise you to hire the professionals. Moving companies like Four Winds Bahrain know how to move your artworks to your storage and put them there in one peace. Just imagine you have prepared your old Chinese vase for storage and then it hits first aid kit in your trunk. That would be a disaster! For this reason is important to hire a professional moving company to help you move your fine art to storage. You can also ask them to help you prepare artwork for storage.
We sincerely hope that our guide helped you prepare artwork for storage. If you have more questions feel free to contact your moving company. In any case, good luck.