If you need to ship some goods, you are probably thinking of a thousand questions to ask your shipping company. Still, not all questions are equally important. That’s why today, our experts from Four Winds Bahrain will give you the best suggestions on what to inquire about, so you can get the best service possible! Let’s start.
Here are the top 10 questions to ask your shipping company
As one of the top shipping companies that deals with sea cargo Bahrain, we gathered the top 10 questions to ask your shipping company.
Here are some good questions to ask a shipping company:
1. How much will your shipping service cost?
If you’re not sure what’s provided in the shipping services, first learn what do shipping companies do exactly. However, ask about their price. This is the first and maybe the most important question you should ask.
2. Does your company offer a free shipping quote and tell me what’s included in your quote?
If the shipping company doesn’t know to tell you the exact price, ask them if they offer a shipping estimate.
3. How long will the shipping take?
Ask the company if they can tell you about the delivery time as well. Moreover, it may not the same if you need Bahrain shipping services or to other destinations.
4. Do you offer cargo insurance?
Ask about insurance for your goods and what it will cover. Also, you can ask what happens if your goods are lost or damaged.
5. Will you deliver my goods to my door?
Some companies offer door-to-door shipping, but the prices may vary, so always check.
6. Will you pack my belongings as well as deliver them?
Packing your goods is rarely included in the price of shipping. Ask about packing services and what they include (additional protection, safety, etc).
7. What transport will be used to ship your items?
Different companies use different means of transport. In short, this can impact the price and time of delivery.
8. Will my goods be unpacked or repacked by different moving companies?
Ask about the whole process of item shipping, from start to finish. This will give you a clearer idea of how your items are transported.
9. Do you have experience in transporting this type of item to my desired destination?
If the shipping company doesn’t have experience in shipping different items, your goods may be damaged or lost.
10. Do you have storage services as well?
If you need to leave your goods ahead of time, you may need storage services as well. Besides, this can help your cargo stay safe.
We hope our questions for shipping companies help you move your items safely – good luck!